El todopoderoso ISI paquistaní

Moderadores: Mod. 2, Mod. 5, Mod. 1, Mod. 4, Mod. 3

gato
Jefe de Equipo
Jefe de Equipo

Re: El todopoderoso ISI paquistaní

Mensaje por gato »

Bienvenido, me gusta tu enfoque. Cuando tratas de domesticar un caballo salvaje, tiende a dar coces. Y provocar un enfrentamiento con la India seguro que haría felices a los más hooligan del ISI. La pregunta es si un plan de semejante complejidad puede estar listo para ser lanzado "a la orden" y cuando sea conveniente. En todo caso, un escenario interesante.
La curiosidad mató al gato.
gato
Jefe de Equipo
Jefe de Equipo

Mensaje por gato »

Que en toda la historia reciente de Pakistán el ISI ha desestabilizado a todo aquél gobierno que trató de dominarlo, no es un secreto. Ahora los americanos se plantean a llevar a exresponsables de este servicio a las listas de terroristas; entre ellos el siniestro general GUL.
The Long War Journal: US moves to declare former Pakistani officers international terrorists

Written by Bill Roggio on December 4, 2008 2:20 PM to The Long War Journal

Available online at: http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/ ... eclare.php

Former ISI chief Hamid Gul.

The US government is seeking to add several former Pakistani intelligence officers to the United Nations’ list of international terrorists, The News reported. A senior US intelligence official familiar with the effort to reign in Pakistan’s intelligence service confirmed to The Long War Journal the US wants to get the United Nations Security Council to designate several senior former officers of Pakistan's Inter-Service Intelligence agency as international terrorists.

Included on the list of former Pakistani intelligence officers being submitted to the UNSC are Hamid Gul, Javid Nasir, and Zahirul Islam Abbasi, as well as Aslam Beg, a senior Army officer, the intelligence official said.

The placement of the former Pakistani officers on the United Nations list would open their international accounts up to scrutiny and eventual seizure, the US official said. "We could do some major damage" to the officers' "slush funds" in international bank accounts. The US will also seek to place the officers on INTERPOL's wanted list.

News of the US move broke after Gul spoke to the Pakistani press about being added to the list. Gul "was informed of this by a highly responsible person, who had personally seen the written US request," The News reported.

The US intelligence official expressed concern that Gul still has access to such sensitive information. Gul's knowledge of the effort "is indicative that he still has friends in very high places."

According to The News, Gul said "the government should immediately move to protect the ISI from this indirect attack from Washington. He said the United States and some other Western nations were against him for the simple reason that he did not support their war on terror which, he said, was based on Washington’s greed for energy."

Gul's message is calculated to rally support within Pakistan's intelligence community, the US official said. "He is playing to a very particular crowd there, to convince people in the ISI that those against him are also against them."

Both the United States and India have accused the Lashkar-e-Taiba, a Pakistani-based terror group backed by the ISI, of conducting last week's 62 hour assault on Mumbai that resulted in more than 180 Indians and foreigners killed and more than 300 wounded. Indian police captured a terrorist who admitted to training inside camps Pakistan and to being a member of Lashkar-e-Taiba.

While there have been no direct links between the Mumbai attackers and the Pakistani government, India has accused the Pakistani government of allowing numerous groups to operate on its soil. India has demanded the Pakistani government hand over about 20 wanted terror leaders and operatives, including Hafiz Saeed, the leader of the Lashkar-e-Taiba.

Elements of the Pakistani state may have aided in the training of the Mumbai terrorists and the execution of the operation. The captured terrorist claimed members from Pakistani Navy aiding in his training, while Dawood Ibrahim, the ISI-backed mafia don, provided logistical support. Indian intelligence sources told PTI that the country has "proof that the Inter Services Intelligence was involved in planning the Mumbai terror attacks and training the terrorists." The unconfirmed report stated "the names of trainers and the places where meticulous training took place are also known to the government." US intelligence has additional information, according to the report.

Just this year, the ISI was directly implicated in the suicide attack on the Indian embassy in Kabul. Fifty-four people, including an Indian defense attaché, were killed in the July 7 bombing. The Indian embassy bombing was carried out by the Haqqani Network, with the direct backing of the ISI, The US confronted the Paksitani government with evidence of the ISI's involvement in August. Within two months after the US confrontation with Pakistan, Lieutenant General Nadeem Taj, the Director of the ISI, was relieved of his command,

Background on Gul, Nasir, Abbasi, and Beg

The four senior retired Pakistani officers put forth to be sanctioned by the United Nations have a long history of dealing with extremist groups, and particularly al Qaeda, the Taliban, and the Kashmiri terror groups.

Lieutenant General (Retired) Hamid Gul served as the chief of the ISI from 1987 to 1989. Gul is known as the Godfather of the Taliban for his efforts to organize the fight against the Soviets in Afghanistan from 1979 to 1989, and the helping to facilitate the rise of the Taliban in the 1990s. Gul supports the terrorist insurgency in India-occupied Kashmir and opposes the US-led effort to defeat Islamic extremism.

"God will destroy the US in Iraq and Afghanistan and wherever it will try to go from there," Gul said in August 2003. "The Muslim world must stand united to confront the U.S. in its so-called War on Terrorism, which is in reality a war against Muslims. Let's destroy America wherever its troops are trapped." Gul openly admits he maintains contacts with the Taliban and other extremist groups.

Lieutenant General (Retired) Javid Nasir commanded the ISI from 1992 to May 1993. After the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan, Nasir helped unite the warring mujahideen factions and establish a government. Nasir, and avowed Islamist, provide support to terrorist movements throughout South Asia, the Middle East, and North Africa. Nasir, along with Gul, kept in close contact with Osama bin Laden in the 1990s.

Major General (Retired) Zahirul Islam Abbasi was a senior officer in the ISI during the Afghan war and served as a senior military commander. In 1995, he led a failed coup against Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. He planned to kill the entire senior leadership of the Army command. Abbasi was implicated in the plot along with Qari Saifullah Akhtar, the leader of the radical Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami, an al Qaeda and Taliban-linked group. Akhtar later testified against Abbasi, who was then sentenced to seven year in prison. He was released by Pervez Musharraf after serving just four.

General (Retired) Mirza Aslam Beg served as Chief of Army Staff of the Pakistan Army after the mysterious death of General Muhammad Zia ul Haq in 1998. Beg is known to profess sympathy for the Taliban, al Qaeda, and Kashmir terror groups. He has openly bragged that foreigners train in Afghanistan and fight in Kashmir. Beg, along with Gul, purportedly met with Osama bin Laden and more than 300 jihadi leaders at Darul Uloom Haqqania Islamic conference held in Peshawar in January 2001
gato
Jefe de Equipo
Jefe de Equipo

Mensaje por gato »

Hameed Gul es una figura fascinante. Concede entrevistas, en un buen inglés, se expresa clarísimamente y parece un político serio defendiendo los mismos mensajes que un iluminado tipo ben Laden, pero con una "credibilidad" frente a su público abrumadora. Ha estado metido en todos los saraos que relacionan a las fuerzas vivas paquistaníes con el terrorismo, o la trama nuclear de A. Khan. Otro figura es el Jefe de Escuadrón Khalid Khawaja, quien incluso se defiende en post en Internet contra comentarios que le involucran en estas tramas.
Karachi, 9 Dec. (AKI) - By Syed Saleem Shahzad - Pakistan has given the United States approval to submit the names of two former senior officials to the United Nations' Security Council as declared terrorists. They are former director of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence, Retired Lt. General Hamid Gul and former ISI official, retired squadron leader Khalid Khawaja.

“There were accusations that the ISI had links with the militancy and therefore there was a demand to clamp down on the ISI but instead they are aiming to take us on," said Khalid Khawaja. "Now you tell me what relations we have with ISI. We are retired people."

Sources said that the thread of investigations had begun with people considered to be the architects of jihad in South Asia during the post-Soviet Russian era and who still support the Taliban and Al-Qaeda.

Hamid Gul openly supported the Taliban-led resistance against NATO troops in Afghanistan while Khalid Khawaja provided relief to the families of Al-Qaeda members who were killed and arrested by the Pakistani security forces.

He was the only person in the country who sourced houses for them to rent in Islamabad, supported their wives and children and arranged travel for them to their countries of origin.

Khalid later founded an organisation called Defense for Human Rights which promoted the cause of missing people. Those people were allegedly detained for months and in some cases for several years by the security forces without trial.

After the Red Mosque military operation in 2007, Khalid filed several cases in the court of law against former President Pervez Musharraf and then corps commander Rawalpindi (now Chairman joint Chiefs of Staff Committee) General Tariq Majeed.

Sources said that this was the beginning and more names were expected to be added to the list, including former Chief of Army Staff General Aslam Beg and the most charismatic among the jihadi circle who is often blamed by NATO for actively supporting the Taliban, retired Colonel Ameer Sultan, known as Colonel Imam.

“By blaming the retired people, it is a conspiracy to tighten the noose around Pakistan's ISI," Colonel Imam told AKI in a telephone interview.

"By putting the names of General Hamid Gul and Khalid Khawaja they are actually laying the foundation to clip the wings of the ISI.

"ISI is the best secret service in a Third World country and rival to the agencies of developed countries. At this stage they just cannot bring ISI under fire directly so in the first phase they are blaming the retired officials and in the next phase they will declare the whole organisation rogue.”

He said the retired officials were being unfairly targetted because they had criticised US policies many years ago

Colonel Imam served ten years exclusively in the ISI and trained the Afghan Mujahadeen to fight against the Soviets.

When the Taliban emerged in 1994, he was Pakistani consul general in the Afghan city of Herat where he supported the Taliban and guided them as they mobilised in the bigger cities of Khost and Jalalabad and eventually captured Kabul. He is known as the "Godfather" of the Taliban.

“During 11 years of Afghan war the United States, Saudi Arabia, Brunei and other states collectively spent 500 billion dollars and defeated Soviet Russia," he said. "Not a single US soldier was killed.

"So far the Americans have spent 700 billion dollars and they cannot make any difference. We have been trying to make them aware of the fact that this is not the right approach they have for their nation and for their taxpayers,” Colonel Imam said.

Responding to US charges that General Gul provided training to the Taliban and raised funds for them he said:

“As far as support is concerned, I said in front of Americans at a seminar that I do support the Taliban. I pray for their success but neither I nor General Hamid Gul has the money to give to the Taliban.

"We are retired people living hand to mouth. This is an electronic age any transaction can be traced any time. If they have any proof bring it forward,” he said.
gato
Jefe de Equipo
Jefe de Equipo

Mensaje por gato »

Artículo del TIMES. Ha aparecido un memoramdum del asesinado general paquistaní FAISAL ALAVI, jefe de las FOE's de ese país, donde acusaba a otros generales paquistaníes de haber pactado con el siniestro lider taliban Mehsud. El general ALAVI fue asesinado después de enviar este memoramdum a sus superiores. El documento está disponible en http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/letters.pdf
From The Sunday Times
December 14, 2008
UK may help find Pakistani general’s killers
Carey Schofield

The brother-in-law of VS Naipaul, the British novelist and Nobel laureate, was murdered last month after threatening to expose Pakistani army generals who had made deals with Taliban militants.

Major-General Faisal Alavi, a former head of Pakistan’s special forces, whose sister Nadira is Lady Naipaul, named two generals in a letter to the head of the army. He warned that he would “furnish all relevant proof”.

Aware that he was risking his life, he gave a copy to me and asked me to publish it if he was killed. Soon afterwards he told me that he had received no reply.

“It hasn’t worked,” he said. “They’ll shoot me.”

Four days later, he was driving through Islamabad when his car was halted by another vehicle. At least two gunmen opened fire from either side, shooting him eight times. His driver was also killed. This weekend, as demands grew for a full investigation into Alavi’s murder on November 18, Lady Naipaul described her brother as “a soldier to his toes”. She said: “He was an honourable man and the world was a better place when he was in it.”

It was in Talkingfish, his favourite Islamabad restaurant, that the general handed me his letter two months ago. “Read this,” he said. Alavi had been his usual flamboyant self until that moment, smoking half a dozen cigarettes as he rattled off jokes and gossip and fielded calls on two mobile phones.

Three years earlier this feted general, who was highly regarded by the SAS, had been mysteriously sacked as head of its Pakistani equivalent, the Special Services Group, for “conduct unbecoming”. The letter, addressed to General Ashfaq Kayani, the chief of army staff, was a final attempt to have his honour restored.

Alavi believed he had been forced out because he was openly critical of deals that senior generals had done with the Taliban. He disparaged them for their failure to fight the war on terror wholeheartedly and for allowing Taliban forces based in Pakistan to operate with impunity against British and other Nato troops across the border in Afghanistan.

Alavi, who had dual British and Pakistani nationality, named the generals he accused. He told Kayani that the men had cooked up a “mischievous and deceitful plot” to have him sacked because they knew he would expose them. “The entire purpose of this plot by these general officers was to hide their own involvement in a matter they knew I was privy to,” he wrote. He wanted an inquiry, at which “I will furnish all relevant proof/ information, which is readily available with me”.

I folded up the letter and handed it back to him. “Don’t send it,” I said. He replied that he had known I would talk him out of it so he had sent it already. “But”, he added, “I want you to keep this and publish it if anything happens to me.” I told him he was a fool to have sent the letter: it would force his enemies into a corner. He said he had to act and could not leave it any longer: “I want justice. And I want my honour restored. And you know what? I [don’t] give a damn what they do to me now. They did their worst three years ago.”

We agreed soon afterwards that it would be prudent for him to avoid mountain roads and driving late at night. He knew the letter might prove to be his death warrant.

Four days after I last saw him, I was in South Waziristan, a region bordering Afghanistan, to see a unit from the Punjab Regiment. It was early evening when I returned to divisional headquarters and switched on the television. It took me a moment to absorb the horror of the breaking news running across the screen: “Retired Major General Faisal Alavi and driver shot dead on way to work.”

The reports blamed militants, although the gunmen used 9mm pistols, a standard army issue, and the killings were far more clinical than a normal militant attack.

The scene at the army graveyard in Rawalpindi a few days after that was grim. Soldiers had come from all over the country to bury the general with military honours. Their grief was palpable. Wreaths were laid on behalf of Kayani and most of the country’s military leadership. Friends and family members were taken aback to be told by serving and retired officers alike that “this was not the militants; this was the army”. A great many people believed the general had been murdered to shut him up.

I first met Alavi in April 2005 at the Pakistan special forces’ mountain home at Cherat, in the North West Frontier Province, while working on a book about the Pakistani army.

He told me he had been born British in Kenya, and that his older brother had fought against the Mau Mau. His affection for Britain was touching and his patriotism striking. In August 2005 he was visiting Hereford, the home of the SAS, keen to revive the SSG’s relationship with British special forces and deeply unhappy about the way some elements of Pakistan’s army were behaving.

He told me how one general had done an astonishing deal with Baitullah Mehsud, the 35-year-old Taliban leader, now seen by many analysts as an even greater terrorist threat than Osama Bin Laden. Mehsud, the main suspect in the assassination of Benazir Bhutto late last year, is also believed to have been behind a plot to bomb transport networks in several European countries including Britain, which came to light earlier this year when 14 alleged conspirators were arrested in Barcelona.

Yet, according to Alavi, a senior Pakistani general came to an arrangement with Mehsud “whereby – in return for a large sum of money – Mehsud’s 3,000 armed fighters would not attack the army”.

The two senior generals named in Alavi’s letter to Kayani were in effect complicit in giving the militants free rein in return for refraining from attacks on the Pakistani army, he said. At Hereford, Alavi was brutally frank about the situation, said the commanding officer of the SAS at that time.

“Alavi was a straight-talking soldier and some pretty robust conversations took place in the mess,” he said. “He wanted kit, skills and training from the UK. But he was asked, pretty bluntly, why the Pakistani army should be given all this help if nothing came of it in terms of getting the Al-Qaeda leadership.”

Alavi’s response was typically candid, the SAS commander said: “He knew that Pakistan was not pulling its weight in the war on terror.” It seemed to Alavi that, with the SAS on his side, he might win the battle, but he was about to lose everything. His enemies were weaving a Byzantine plot, using an affair with a divorced Pakistani woman to discredit him.

Challenged on the issue, Alavi made a remark considered disrespectful to General Pervez Musharraf, then the president. His enemies playeda recording of it to Musharraf and Alavi was instantly sacked. His efforts to clear his name began with a request that he be awarded the Crescent of Excellence, a medal he would have been given had he not been dismissed. Only after this was denied did he write the letter that appears to many to have sealed his fate.

It was an action that the SAS chief understands: “Every soldier, in the moment before death, craves to be recognised. It seems reasonable to me that he staked everything on his honour. The idea that it is better to be dead than dishonoured does run deep in soldiers.” Alavi’s loyalty to Musharraf never faltered. Until his dying day he wanted his old boss to understand that. He also trusted Kayani implicitly, believing him to be a straight and honourable officer.

If investigations eventually prove that Alavi was murdered at the behest of those he feared within the military, it may prove a fatal blow to the integrity of the army he loved. Britain and the United States need to know where Pakistan stands. Will its army and intelligence agencies ever be dependable partners in the war against men such as Mehsud?

James Arbuthnot, chairman of the defence select committee, and Lord Guthrie, former chief of the defence staff, were among those who expressed support this weekend for British help to be offered in the murder investigation.

Inside the Pakistan Army by Carey Schofield will be published next year by Soap Box Books.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 337881.ece
LIVIO2000
Jefe de Analisis
Jefe de Analisis
Contactar:

Mensaje por LIVIO2000 »

Johyn Kerry pide a Pakistán controlar sus servicios secretos, Fuente 7S7

Johyn Kerry demande au Pakistan de contrôler ses services secrets

Le sénateur démocrate John Kerry aimerait voir l'ISI passer sous contrôle civil.
John Kerry, président de la Commission des Affaires étrangères du Sénat américain, a demandé lundi au Pakistan de mieux contrôler ses services de renseignement soupçonnés d'être liés au groupe islamiste pakistanais accusé d'avoir perpétré les attentats de Bombay.

L'ISI dans la ligne de mire
M. Kerry est à New Delhi depuis dimanche et devait s'entretenir lundi avec le Premier ministre indien Manmohan Singh, plus de deux semaines après les attaques islamistes de Bombay qui ont ravivé les tensions entre l'Inde et le Pakistan. "Nous voudrions que l'Inter Services Intelligence (ISI, services de renseignement pakistanais) se réforme et passe totalement sous le contrôle des civils", a déclaré le sénateur au journal Indian Express.

L'Inde, les Etats-Unis et la Grande-Bretagne imputent les attaques coordonnées de Bombay au Lashkar-e-Taïba (LeT), l'un des mouvements armés fondamentalistes pakistanais qui assurent lutter contre l'"occupation" indienne du Cachemire et contre les "persécutions" dont seraient victimes les 150 millions de musulmans en Inde. Ce mouvement, interdit au Pakistan depuis 2002, a longtemps bénéficié de la bienveillance d'Islamabad, voire de l'aide de ses puissants services secrets.

L'autonomie des services secrets mise en cause
"Ils (l'ISI) l'ont formé (le LeT) et ils le savent. Mais ils ne savaient pas que le LeT deviendrait une entité autonome", a poursuivi M. Kerry, estimant toutefois que l'ISI n'était pas lié aux attentats de Bombay "à moins que cela ne soit à un échelon inférieur". Des responsables militaires et des services de renseignement américains, cités par la presse américaine, ne croient pas non plus à une responsabilité directe de l'ISI dans le carnage de Bombay du 26 au 29 novembre (172 morts, dont neuf assaillants).

Théoriquement, l'ISI travaille sous le contrôle du Premier ministre pakistanais. En pratique, les services secrets forment une agence autonome. En juillet dernier, le nouveau président Asif Ali Zardari avait tenté de placer l'ISI sous l'aile du ministère de l'Intérieur, mais il avait fait machine arrière face au mécontentement de la haute hiérarchie militaire. (belga/th)
15/12/08

Un saludo
LOS OJOS SE FIAN DE ELLOS MISMOS, LAS OREJAS DE LOS DEMAS
Mueca
Jefe de Operaciones
Jefe de Operaciones

Mensaje por Mueca »

Análisis de Spiegel sobre el nuevo jefe del espionaje pakistaní y sobre el ISI en general:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/wor ... 24,00.html
easy
gato
Jefe de Equipo
Jefe de Equipo

Mensaje por gato »

A la chitAQ Khana callando...han soltado a A. Q. Khan
Pakistan nuclear scientist 'free'

Dr Khan speaks to reporters outside his house

A court in Pakistan has freed disgraced nuclear scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan from house arrest.
Dr Khan, who has been under tight restrictions since 2004, can now leave home and receive visitors.
Dr Khan welcomed the ruling and said he was not bothered what the international community thought of his release.
The US has described the move as "unfortunate", with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton saying she was "very much concerned" by Dr Khan's release.
Dr Khan admitted transferring nuclear secrets to other countries in 2004 but was later pardoned by former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf.
The US has repeatedly said it wants to question Dr Khan, but Pakistan has always refused access.
'Free citizen'
A jubilant AQ Khan told journalists shortly after the court order was announced: "There are no winners, no losers. I think it has been a good judgment at least I have got some [of] my freedom."

All this has happened because of the keen interest taken by the president, the prime minister and especially [Interior Minister] Rehman Malik
AQ Khan

Profile: AQ Khan
Mixed emotions over release
When asked about what the international community would think, he said: "Let them talk. Are they happy with our God? Are they happy with our Prophet? Are they happy with our leaders? Never, so why should we bother what they say about us?"
He added: "I would be more worried about what you (Pakistani journalists) say about me, not what Bush says or what Dick Cheney says. I don't damn care."
Dr Khan must still give 48 hours' notice if he wants to leave Islamabad but he said on Friday that he had no plans to go abroad or to go into politics.
Dr Khan, the former head of Pakistan's nuclear programme, said he would use his freedom to concentrate on educational projects.
He added: "All this has happened because of the keen interest taken by the president, the prime minister and especially [Interior Minister] Rehman Malik, who has looked into the case, reviewed it, discussed it with the government, discussed it with the concerned authorities."

Pervez Musharraf denied any knowledge of nuclear secrets transfers
Dr Khan's wife said she would wait to see how and whether the court's judgement was executed.
Over the past year, the government has eased some of the restrictions on Dr Khan. It says those that remain are for his own security.
The BBC's Barbara Plett in Islamabad says that despite Friday's ruling Dr Khan's proliferation activities still arouse international concern, although Pakistan regards the case as closed.
US State Department spokesman Gordon Duguid, speaking on Friday, said Dr Khan remained "a serious proliferation risk".
"The support that Khan and his associates provided to Iran and North Korea has had a harmful impact on... international security and will for years to come," he said.
In January, the US imposed sanctions on people and companies linked to Dr Khan.
Last July, Dr Khan told the media that Pakistan had transported uranium enrichment equipment to North Korea in 2000 with the full knowledge of the country's army, then headed by Gen Musharraf.
The former leader has repeatedly stated that no-one apart from Dr Khan had any knowledge of the transportation of nuclear technology.
Dr Khan is seen as the father of Pakistan's nuclear industry and is still regarded a hero by many in the country.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7873962.stm

Los malos también lo celebran.
IHC acquits Muslims hero Dr.A Q Khan ISLAMABAD: Islamabad High Court (IHC) has acquitted Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan from all charges framed against him and declared him a free citizen on Friday.

Dr Qadeer says US has no connection with his release ISLAMABAD: Renowned nuclear scientist, Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan has said, “I am satisfied with the decision of the court, setting me free is a matter between me and the government, this has no connection with the US and added that after having received the decision, the situation would be clear.” Talking to media at his residence after a court decision terminated his detention, Dr Khan said that he didn’t want to delve into the past, he only wanted the development of the country, “I pray that the God save the country.” He said he would not get involved in politics, the world was against him, but he remained safe due to security. Dr Khan said that the God has already punished General (Retd.) Pervez Musharraf, as he can’t freely come out on the roads today. When quizzed, he said that he would not take action against anybody for keeping him in detention. He said that he would be focusing on education and setting up of welfare organizations would be his top priority. Dr Khan told that he couldn’t go to Karachi for condoling the deaths of his sister-in-law and niece, therefore, he would like to visit Karachi and then perform Umra.
gato
Jefe de Equipo
Jefe de Equipo

Mensaje por gato »

Imprescindible...las memorias de Musharraf.

http://www.avaxhome.ws/ebooks/Politics_ ... 83449.html

Imagen

According to Time magazine, Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf holds "the world's most dangerous job." He has twice come within inches of assassination. His forces have caught more than 670 members of al Qaeda in the mountains and cities, yet many others remain at large and active, including Osama bin Laden and Ayman Al Zawahiri. Long locked in a deadly embrace with its nuclear neighbor India, Pakistan has come close to full-scale war on two occasions since it first exploded a nuclear bomb in 1998. As President Musharraf struggles for the security and political future of his nation, the stakes could not be higher for the world at large.
It is unprecedented for a sitting head of state to write a memoir as revelatory, detailed, and gripping as In the Line of Fire. Here, for the first time, readers can get a firsthand view of the war on terror in its central theater. President Musharraf details the manhunts for Osama and Zawahiri and their top lieutenants, complete with harrowing cat-and-mouse games, informants, interceptions, and bloody firefights. He tells the stories of the near-miss assassination attempts, not only against himself but against Shaukut Aziz (later elected prime minister) and one of his top army officers (later the vice chief of army staff), and of the abduction and beheading of Daniel Pearl -- as well as the forensic and shoe-leather investigations that uncovered the perpetrators. He details the army's mountain operations that have swept several valleys clean, and he talks about the areas of North Waziristan where al Qaeda is still operating.
Yet the war on terror is just one of the many headline-making subjects in In the Line of Fire. The full story of the events that brought President Musharraf to power in 1999 is told for the first time. He reveals new details of the 1999 confrontation with India in Kashmir (the Kargil conflict) and offers a proposal for resolving the Kashmir dispute.
He offers a portrait of Mullah Omar, with stories of Pakistan's attempts to negotiate with him. Concerning A. Q. Khan and his proliferation network, he explains what the government knew and when it knew it, and he reveals fascinating details of Khan's operations and the investigations into them.
In addition, President Musharraf takes many stances that will make news. He calls for the Muslim world to recognize Israel once a viable Palestinian state is created. He urges the repeal of Pakistan's 1979 Hudood law. He calls for the emancipation of women and for their full political equality with men. He tells the sad story of Pakistan's experience with democracy and what he has done to make it workable.
gato
Jefe de Equipo
Jefe de Equipo

Mensaje por gato »

Hay un buen documento sobre el ISI en esta direccion https://www.box.net/services/ipaper_by_ ... ection_id=

Como está en formnato ibook os recomiendo descargar las últimas versiones de adobe flash player.
Tipu21

Mensaje por Tipu21 »

Hi,

Excellent post.I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work…
Responder

Volver a “Servicios Hostiles”